Tuesday, April 14, 2009

tombe, pas de bourree, glissade, saut de chat

So, dance has been pretty awesome the past few weeks. In Ballet and Jazz, we are now to a point where we are spending nearly all of the class time rehearsing for the Dance Informance, which I LOVE. Jazz's West Side Story is going quite nicely; very fun, upbeat and exciting.
For ballet, our informance piece is to a quick latin song--quite a contrast from the traditional classical music one might be used to hearing. It is great because it combines classical moves in a way that goes well with the latin music and is very fun and exciting. Last week Amy asked me if I could do tombe, pas de bouree, glissade, saut de chat across the floor (something more advanced than the regular Ballet 1 coursework). I knew how to do each step of it, but i had never assembled them. So my job over Easter break was to practice and see if i could put it together. If not, I will be doing chaines across the floor instead (no fun!)
So I have been practicing, and I think ill be able to do it! it really fun. Heres a video, at least of the glissade and saut de chat (the beginning is a bit different):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSigOhHDJ2Y

yay! hopefully I can do this is the informance!

No comments:

Post a Comment