Friday, April 17, 2009

Dance informance!

Hiiii!
The semester is alomost over!!
We've finished our informance choreography in ballet--unfortunately, no tombe pas de bourree glissade saut de chat for me. Instead I am do partnering though, which will be really fun! The choreography is really great and its going to look so good! So far it seems that the only thing I have to practice a bit more is the balonces (sp). it something Ive never done before and I feel like I look a bit silly doing them. Other than that, I have the choreography down and I just need to practice performing it. I can't wait!
SO, to wrap up the semester, I had a great time in my three dance classes. I only have 1 ballet class left before the final, and I have 2 classes left in Modern and Jazz. I feel like i have learned SO much this semester, in all three classes. In ballet, I learned a lot about my body awareness, now to hold my muscles a certain way when I'm dancing and many building blocks and vocabulary words that will help me so much next year. I still need to work on maintaining my turn out at all times, and remembering to hold my abs in!
My favorite things I learned this semester in Ballet was learning to do ballet pirouettes correctly (I liked the combo: tombe, pas de bourree ,pirouette), as well as learning the tombe....saut de chat combination (even though I didn't get to do it), improving my flexibility, and of course, the informance choreography!



xx Natalie
I can't wait until this summer and next semester when I can learn even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment